- 1. Sun exposure and/or usage of a tanning bed, including self-tanning products must be avoided for a minimum of 24 hours before and after the treatment, preferably 1 week. Treatment within 24 hours of prolonged sun exposure (natural sunlight, artificial tanning booth, or sunless tanning products) may result in hypopigmentation (white spots) or hyperpigmentation (dark spots) that may not clear for several months or may even be permanent. A Micro Needling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- 2. Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. If you have any of these on, they must be completely washed off prior to treatment.
- 3. Accutane and any other photosensitizing medication should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to receiving treatment and should not be used during your course of treatment.
- No area to be treated should receive any type of Chemical Peel for 2 weeks prior and after treatment.
- 5. Retin-A, Renova, and Tazorac must not be used for 1 week prior or after treatment.
- 6. Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories must be avoided for 2 weeks prior and after the treatment.
- 7. Shaving is allowed immediately before treatment and 48-72 hours after treatment as long as there is no skin irritation.
- 8. You may not be pregnant for this treatment
- 9. Notify the provider of any tattoos, including cosmetic tattooing, in the vicinity of the area to be treated as tattoos must be avoided.
- 10. If you have a history of cold sores, we may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex® or Aycylovir. If so, follow the directions for your prescription.
- 11. During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any changes to your medical history, health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
- 1. A sunburn-like effect is normal for 1-3 days. You will look and feel sunburned after the treatment. Severity of redness will depend on how aggressive the treatment was performed. The skin may feel tight, dry, swollen, and sensitive to the touch. The treated area may appear darker and the darkened skin may flake off within 1 week.
- 2. Avoid picking or exfoliating the area and allow old skin to flake off naturally.
- 3. Wash the treated area gently twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Use tepid water only.
- 4. Apply a soothing, healing moisturizer as often as needed for the first 3 days.
- 5. Sun exposure must be avoided for at least 24 hours after your treatment, preferably 1-2 weeks. If you know you will get incidental sun exposure, i.e., driving to and from work, walking from your car to the house, etc., we recommend physical avoidance of the sun in all treated areas, a protective hat and a full spectrum sun block of SPF 30 or higher.
- 6. Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals, or products on the treated areas for at least 1 week.
- 7. No exercise that causes sweating, Jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths if any skin irritation exists.
- 8. Advil or Tylenol may be taken as necessary for discomfort. Ice packs may be used if desired to minimize swelling.
- 9. Sleep on your back with your head elevated slightly to reduce swelling.
- 10. It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 12 hours after the procedure.
- 11. For best results and efficacy, we recommend a series of 6 treatments administered at 2-4 week intervals. You may notice immediate as well as longer term improvements in your skin.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT 416.728.5697